October 2020 Google updated Analytics to version 4. AND Of course they have moved things!!! Ugh
Login to your Gmail and then go to Google.com/analytics
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Choose Data Stream Webpage
- Tagging Instructions Choose Globle Tag and Copy
- Go to your WordPress –> Plugins –> new search for insert header footer (by ) Install & Activate
- Go to Settings –> Insert Headers and Footers –> Scripts for Footer & paste the code from Google Analytics
BUT a bunch of things are missing!!!!!! To force analytics to use version 3….
1. Click Add Property
2. Enter Property Name
3. Enter Time Zone
4. SELETCT CREATE A UNIVERSAL ANALYTICS PROPERTY
5. Enter URL
6. CHOOSE CREATE A UNIVERSAL ANALYTICS PROPERTY ONLY!!!!!
Now your Audience & Acquisition & Behavior Folders are all back!! Yea!
The only updated source I could find was this…..thankfully!